April 03, 2023

Swiss Army Men

 The film, Swiss Army Men directed by Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan, was one I recently watched. Typically, this would not be a film I choose to watch but I am glad I did. At first I thought it was very strange and different, but then it started to grow on me. Many of the clips were short and fast. I ended up enjoying this movie because I realized there was a deeper meaning behind it. The message I got from this film was that we are not alone. Everyone has a person out there for them. Hank was struggling because he did not know his purpose in life and thought very low of himself, meeting Manny brought excitement in his life. Another idea I got from this film was that we should not judge people based off their looks or abilities. Hank saw that Manny was incapable of a lot, but he helped him and grew love and care for Manny. In return, Manny helped Hank want his life back. Before he met Manny, Hank wanted to take his own life away. Manny brought joy and life back into Hank's eyes. This film was silly, but had such a great message tied to it.

A man and his dead best friend enliven 'Swiss Army Man' - The Boston Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Of a College Student

  In film class my classmates and I created a short film. A member in our group, Emma, came up with the idea to make a film on a college stu...