January 13, 2023

Who I Am

Hello, my name is Lexie Hernandez and I am a sophomore at north Central College. I thought I'd share some facts about myself so that my readers can get to know me more. I am studying psychology, in hopes to become a child psychologist in the future. I really enjoy listening to people and getting a deeper understanding of them and that is why I chose psychology as my career path. I am apart of the women's basketball team at school as well. I have been playing basketball pretty much all my life. Outside of school and basketball, I enjoy hiking, swimming, shopping, and hanging out with my friends. I also learned how to surf two summers ago when I was on vacation in Hawaii. That is by far my favorite thing I have ever done. In my free time I do love to go see new movies in the theater with my friends or family. 

A movie I just recently watched with my dad was "Green Book" directed by Pete Farrelly. I had never heard of this movie until my dad put it on. I really enjoyed this film. I thought it had a very strong message, that also tied in some humor. I did not know what to expect from it at first, but it ended up being very heart-warming. It took place in the 1960's, and included an Italian man who drove an African-american pianist around the country. As we know, the 1960's had a lot of segregation so that was what the message revolved around. Overall, it was a very good film and I enjoyed having the time to watch it with my dad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Life Of a College Student

  In film class my classmates and I created a short film. A member in our group, Emma, came up with the idea to make a film on a college stu...